Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mondain's Legacy Goes to Beta!

Yes, that's right! They released a reported 500 codes for upgrading accounts into a beta status. This enabled the account to see and do everything that will (or should) be available in the upcomong Mondain's Legacy Expansion.

I for one can't wait! Lots of folks are looking forward to changing the characters that they've role played as an Elf....INTO AN ACTUAL ELF IN GAME! I never have been one to get into elves myself as far as role play, but I have a good appreciation for those who do.

What's really getting me going on this is the new crafting items, including a Runic Fletchers Kit! Finally that GM Bowyer I made a while back will have stuff to do! Originally I GM'd that skill simply to modify the Juka Bows. But I'm sure as any archer can attest, those are basically worthless now with the proliferation of other "slayer" bows in much greater quantity and value. Not to mention not having the Dex and Str requirements nessisary to make Juka Bows seriously puts them in an ugly catagory now-a-days.

I also am looking forward to the new dungeons! Guild Hunts have beocome tough duty as most folks have "been there, done that." So these new dungeons will bring with them a lot of "Guild" activities for the entire Blue Lotus Clan. And I can't wait!

If you want a taste of what's going on with the Beta, here's the link to the Stratics Beta Testers message board. Lots of good insight into what's going on and where problems exist within the expansion. Just keep in mind, highlighting the problems is WHY they do a beta. So don't get discouraged by what you see there. The Dev Team are seeing it for the first time too....

Stratics Message Forums: Viewing forum: Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy Beta Testing

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like they released another 1000 beta codes. Only person I've heard of getting one is Lilly of RKR.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home